09 March, 2009

Straddie!!

Last weekend I was in Stradbroke Island (straddie) again for Biotech trip. I was there 2 years ago as a participant but now I'm there again under a different ticket, as a mentor. We left for the Island on Saturday morning. It was the same saturday as the MASCA Welcoming BBQ but as I had made up my mind to go to straddie, bye2 to the BBQ.

me and Belle on the ferry

It was the same as I has remembered it. Except that the mentors didn't stayed at the VIP house, we stayed in the dorm just like the participants except that we had our own bathroom which was really convenient. There was nothing much for us mentors to do. We just had to assist the students in the workshops in the afternoon and participate in the trivia quiz at night where we got the highest mark. The rest are just free times that we can just relax and enjoy ourselves.

The next day which was Sunday, we went for a walk at Lookout point. Here, we saw DOPLHINS!! Yes, that cute, friendly animals..and trust me they were cute. They were playing with the wave and a few times, they were jumping out of the water. We were hoping to see some turtles but none can be found. Later on the day, we had a swim at Cylinder beach and had our lunch. After that, it was time to go home and back to reality.


can you spot the dolphins here?

Ernest, me and Ming at Cylinder beach

Even though it was my 2nd time there but its as exciting as my first time. Hopefully next year I have an opportunity to go there again.


Till then~

2 says:

~ yanna ~ said...

dolphins!! alaa..huda.. u make me jealous!

huda, korg mmg every year ade progrm mentor nie ke?

Huda Daud said...

hehe..jgn jeles yana..hehe

menda nie mmg every year ade pn for bdak2 1st year.last time aku g tym aku 1st year..this tym aku g as fasi..hehe..