16 February, 2009

Passion + Future

How time flies. 6 weeks already gone and i'm left with my last week of work. It seems as it was yesterday that i first stepped into the sapphire lab at the school of pharmacy.

Some of you maybe wondering ape la best sgt keje dlm lab nie? Well to me, the answer can be anything. Its subjective as everybody may have their own opinion about it. To me, doing research is my passion and i know that i'm doing something for the benefit of us human being. Besides that i get to meet a lot of people with different background. Who says that you don't meet people in the lab? I got more international experience while working in the lab. I got friends from the states, austria, taiwan, germany, sweden, myanmar, france and even bangladesh.

Enough with that, i would like to share my work experince with you guys. For the last 6 weeks i've been testing cell migration in the presence of mango extracts. This is to prove that the fruit mango is good for our health. Obviously we know that any fruit is good for us but what does it really do to our body. So my job is to test whether the cell migrate or not. If the cell migrates then it's good and it has some scientific value. So far i've been getting some positive result with a bit of inconsistency that needs to be further clarified. Besides that i also test the toxocity of the cells in the presence of the extracts, this is to ensure that the extracts don't kill the cells.


That is some insight of what i've been doing for the past 6 weeks. Not much can be reveal as i need to protect the details for i.p purposes. For your information, you don't get good results everyday that you conduct the experiment. Last week has been a hell of a week for me. Nothing seems to be coming out from the experiments until Friday when i analysed the results i got something to be excited about. That really made my day. What a nice way to end my week. The sun don't always shine till the end of the day.hehe..

I'm just sharing my point of view here, some people may have other opinion. But my advice is that research require lots hard work and patience and lifetime of learning. Don't go into it half heartedly, if not you will regret it half way.

Here are some pics at work:

my table at work, writing the lab book

counting cells under the microscope

part of the lab

view under the microscope.the small black thing are cells which i have to count

working under the fume hood

part of the experiment protocol

I hope you guys gain some info from this post. Till then~

4 says:

frashdi said...

argh....so interesting...send me ur thesis tau...want to read as well..can or not?

niNiE said...

wargh...gile ko nak kena kire sume cell tuh??/
by the way...cam best je tempat keje ko

Anonymous said...

faiz..aku x tulis thesis..tp nnt kalo aku wat thesis for final year nnt aku bg ko bace ye..hehe..yg nie aku kne wat presentation je..xde report.

ninie..aah aku kne kire sume..dlm tue ade about 600-700 cells..pening kapla aku pas kire sume tue..hehe..best dowh tmpt aku keje..hehehe

~ yanna ~ said...

huda..macam leh 'bengkok' leher je!!

wahh!! bgus2!!