25 December, 2008

Missing them badly

Just about 28 hours ago my family went back to Malaysia after spending 3 weeks here in Australia. It was the best 3 weeks of my life spending time with them here, being their tourist guide and host. To them its a holiday but for me, it was the perfect birthday gift even though I still got birthday presents from both mak and abah. Well, they are now settling back at home, unpacking and resting before the work and school period starts again in a week time.

Lots of things happen in the last 3 weeks. First time celebrating raya haji in Aussie and with my family by my side except abah who celebrated in alone in Malaysia. After raya, we went to Sydney (again without abah as he was still in Malaysia due to work commitments) for 5 days. Thanks to Hanafi who helped us with the accom or else we would have been homeless..hehehe. Went to many places and shopping gile2..seriously byk gile shopping especially as the souvenirs were very cheap at Paddy's market. After that, they went back to Brisbane which abah arrived 2 days later. From here, their holiday started to get hectic as we want to maximise the time. We went to Sunshine Coast, masuk Wet n Wild and MovieWorld and the last day here, we went to city. Finally, yesterday they went back leaving me all alone again in Brisbane.

Spending time with them made me realised the things that I miss when I'm far away from home. Sometimes I do regret studying oversea as I miss most of the excitement at home. But looking on the bright side of it, i get to travel to many places which I can't achieve if I study at local uni. The point is I missed them dearly and wish that I was back home with them. If I didn't get the summer scholarship, I think I would have bought myself a ticket back home. Well, that is not the case and I have to face the fact that I will be here for the rest of the summer..

Till then~

0 says: