01 September, 2008

Welcome Ramadhan

Today is the first day of the fasting month Ramadhan. To be honest I'm not mentally and physically prepare and I don't even know why. To make things worst, I have class today until 6pm which mean that I have to break my fast in class. Well hopefully I get the most out of this Ramadhan aiming to khatam the quran which I haven't done for the past 2 years.

A rewind of the last weekend, we had our merdeka celebration. It was not the best merdeka celebration I did enjoy myself. We had this netball merdeka cup tournament and the players we placed in teams according to their place of birth. I was in the red team, the terengganu and penang team and guess what, we came first eventhough we had to import players for every game as there was only 6 of us. But yeay..we did it and as a result my whole body is in pain for not stretching and cooling down properly plus for not doing any sports since NCG. Thanks to the imported players that played so hard for us and to teammates you all did a good job. After that, we had bbq luch at UQ Lake and the food was FABULOUS. There's no denial about that, I ate until I cannot take it anymore.hehe

l
left: the 6 of us, right: with our winning hamper

The merdeka celebration was on the same day as the Brisbane annual Riverfire. Last year I watched the fireworks while walking to the city as the last citycat was so full that it didn't take any passengers from Guyatt Park. So, I thought of better luck this year. But it turned out that I was so exhausted from all the game in the morning, I doze off without realising and woke up only to hear the F1-11 over my house indicating that it was 7pm and the Riverfire has started. In the end, I just watched it on tv.Geram giler k.Hopefully better luck next year.

2 says:

Munir said...

am i the first one to make a comment...? =P btw, slamat berposa.....

Anonymous said...

yup..u r the 1st one..hehe
x expect pn org bace..hehe
slamat berpusa 2 u too..